In advance as April turns to May: an upstate maker’s marketplace, a botanical exhibition in London, and more. Examine on:
- New Yorkers: Prevent into Guild & Grange, a 3-day marketplace that includes artisans at the John Jay Homestead in Katonah, New York, additionally workshops on beekeeping, wine-building, gardening, and much more. Head to Guilt & Grange for tickets.
- For sale: what just may be the earliest documented piece of furnishings from America, as soon as owned “by a badass, renowned and profitable woman.”
- We’re admiring Plant Explorations, The New Craftsmen’s impending exhibition as element of London Craft 7 days, featuring operates by fashionable makers motivated by the botany archives at Kew Gardens details below.
- English charity shop Oxfam has teamed up with designer of the moment Matilda Goad to promote purchasing secondhand amongst her beloved issues to supply? Silverware, lamps (“learn to appear past the shades”), vases, and frames. Browse Oxfam’s on-line store listed here.
- We’re intrigued, also, by BuzziSpace, Belgian makers of sound-absorbing lighting and home furniture who feel that “acoustics should really be section of the design and style procedure.”
- A vivid Barbara Bestor-intended farmhouse in Vermont for a California pair, by using T.
- Object of want (for the back garden): The Daily life Chair.
- Time to rethink topiaries?
- And 5 clever methods to camouflage the washer/dryer.